The fisherman’s roller of choice throughout Alaska! Maritime Fab continuously innovates and improves products, and the Bristol Bay Roller is no exception. Our 3rd generation roller design, with reinforced side frames, comes standard without a hub, and instead uses a low profile bypass valve mounted directly to the freewheeling motor for smooth setting (remote-mount valve options are available). A smooth-running, easily greasable roller bearing supports the non-drive side of the core, and is replaceable without having to remove the roller from its base. Our one-piece rubber vulcanization reduces web snag potential compared to the multi-piece vulcanization process used on some rollers.
Standard Bristol Bay Roller
- Direct drive with 15 cu inch freewheeling motor eliminates hub
- Hub-less design reduces maintenance (hub options available with greasable bearing)
- Easily-greasable roller bearing
- One-piece 14” diameter rubber vulcanization
- Heavy duty aluminum side frames
- Heavy-duty foot brackets with stainless steel lock mechanism keeps roller secure while fishing; provides tilt-in position for mooring or towing net
- Standard widths: 30”, 36”, 42”, 48” (others available as special order)
- Pipe handles (standard) help contain net on roller, reduce snags and backlashes, and provide safety hand-holds
- Parts support in Bristol Bay
Do you have more questions about Drift Gillnet Rollers? Reach out today!
Big Bay Roller
Maritime Fab’s Big bay Roller, developed in collaboration with fishermen, is the new standard in stern roller strength and functionality. Its 17” diameter core increases net traction when setting or round hauling. Formed – not cast – 3⁄8” aluminum side frames add strength and durability over standard cast side frames. The easily-removable core makes maintenance a breeze and helps you keep your equipment in top performing condition.
- Heavy duty ⅜” formed Aluminum side frames
- Convenient bearing greasing and replacement
- 17” diameter core for increased net traction and reduced fish knock-outs
- Web-friendly base design
- Available with or without hinging base (4” height difference)
- Integral or remote mount ball valve for freewheeling
- Port or starboard motor and control mounting
Cordova Bow Roller
Developed in collaboration with Prince William Sound gillnetters, the Cordova roller is designed for use on bow pickers and has a larger diameter core for better traction on the net when setting or hauling.
The roller comes standard without a hub, and instead uses a low profile bypass valve mounted directly to the freewheeling motor for smooth setting. A roller bearing, greasable via standard grease fitting, supports the non-drive side of the core, and is replaceable without having to remove the roller from its base. The one-piece rubber vulcanization reduces web snag potential compared to the multi-piece vulcanization process used on some rollers.
- Direct drive with freewheeling 15 cu inch motor for powering in or out
- Low profile bypass valve mounted on motor for freewheeling (remote mount also available)
- Easily-greasable roller bearing
- One-piece, 14” diameter rubber vulcanization
- Hub-less design reduces maintenance
- Serviceable while mounted on boat
- Pipe handles for safety and convenience
- Base angle can be custom fit to boat
- Welded light bar across side frames
- 30” & 36” standard core widths; other sizes available for additional cost and lead time
Customers often wish they purchased one of these sooner and saved all the strain on their backs from hand-slinging leadline while setting. This unit is purpose-built to get your leadline off the boat safely and with as little effort as possible.
The 3 cubic inch motor provides the speed necessary to move leadline quickly, while the low profile bypass valve (included) can be set to divert fluid and minimize damage to your net if a backlash occurs. With vertical fairleads that extend 35” above roller, and down to the transom, this unit is designed to handle the deeper nets common in southeast, and other parts of Alaska.
- Direct drive 3 cu inch freewheeling motor for powering in or out
- Simple and reliable design
- Minimal moving parts for easier maintenance
- 9” diameter one-piece rubber vulcanization
- Motor mounted bypass valve standard
- 36” standard width; other sizes available
- 350 RPM @ 5 GPM
Idler Bow Roller
Simple yet functional, this roller rides on self-lubricating bushings, and can be disassembled for service while still on the boat. Base dimensions can be configured to fit vessel.
- Aluminum and stainless steel construction
- Self-lubricating bushings on vertical and horizontal rollers
- Core is removable via access plate
- Base options to fit your vessel
- Simple, gillnet-friendly design